Old March 3rd 05, 10:17 PM

As far as I am concerned, until Steve does a solo flight in a glider
for a record or for that matter a gold or diamond distance, I will
still think of him as someone that has a ringer in the cockpit while he
claims the record. Yes, what he did was great for the sport of aviation
in regards to the around the world trip but the jury is still out on
his glider flying.....
As for the Open Class competition pilot, maybe I am wrong but I can't
ever remember seeing him listed on a regional/national/world
competition results page. Do you consider someone who tries to break
world records a competition pilot or is it someone who flies in
contests a competition pilot?
Brian

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Admittedly, I am not impressed by money or
'records'.

Okay, although you qualify as another lame anonymous
poster...I'll bite.

How do you differentiate him from...an Open Class competition
pilot? Or do you?