Old May 25th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Letter to the FAA

....Or those who don't want to fly without another FAA regulation could
simply quit flying and let the rest of us make our own decisions.

And, in anticipation of the most often argument I've heard, no tow pilot
is forced to fly a plane that he's not comfortable with.

Dan

On 5/25/2017 7:09 AM, wrote:
Self-regulation is a really good idea. So, Wallace and Burt (and the
others), how many of your tugs have Schweizer releases? What plans do
you have for replacing them with Tost - or, at least, inverting them?

In your own time, without FAA mandates, without bureaucratic
interference, without your tugs being grounded, during the slack
season, of your own 'self-regulating' free will?

No dates even pencilled in? Better write that letter, Walt.

--
Dan, 5J