Old September 1st 03, 12:00 AM
Marc Reeve

George R. Gonzalez wrote:

Ernest K. Gann flew B-24's, or was it the cargo equivalent? Anyway, he
had a very strong dislike for the plane. His complaints as I recall them,
in no particular order:

[gripes snipped]

Gann was co-pilot on an LB-30 (cargo version). I recall reading an
article he wrote that appeared in Reader's Digest (don't know where it
originally appeared) where he talked of almost taking out the Taj Mahal
when taking off somewhat overloaded from Accra airport on a hot day,
then losing power temporarily on one engine shortly after takeoff.

That article was what got me reading his books.

-Marc
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is