Old August 24th 08, 03:07 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
The Horny Goat

Default Fake military guys & the Stolen Valor Act of 2005

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:24:40 -0700 (PDT), frank
wrote:

I rather like the taken away in handcuffs by the local sheriff on the
front page of the paper. In small towns, that's the kiss of death.

If you ever google the guy that will show up in the local paper
section for a long, long time.

I'm not so sure about that.

My mother was killed in a rather spectacular car crash in January 2005
and there were zillions of Google hits at the time. I was interviewed
by 3 reporters that week and I can assure you that it was no picnic.
(They were fair and I knew they were doing their job but still...)

I checked about two weeks ago and nada.

So don't make that assumption - I'm assuming by "for a long, long
time" you mean longer than 3 1/2 years...