Old June 25th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Default Substandard Italian workmanship renders first 787s unsafe

JohnT writes:

Lots of people would consider that Italian technology is at least as good as
anything emanating from Chicago.

Then Boeing must have picked the wrong Italian partner. And this appears to be
an issue with workmanship, not technology or design. The tails were simply not
put together correctly, implying unqualified, careless, or lazy workers.

If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time I've read about an Italian
company screwing things up.

There are a number of classic stereotypes concerning European cultures, and
unfortunately many of them have a strong basis in fact.

I wonder why Boeing put anything in Italy. It's not like the Italians have any
strong airlines that would be buying dozens of 787s, and if all Boeing cared
about was price, they could find cheaper suppliers in other countries.