Old May 24th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

Default Next step(s) in purchase?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've decided to go for... the TB-20 Socata "Trinidad."

Which we all expect to see at the HOPS N40 Party in OSH!

Love to! Even if I'm a bona fide owner by then, it may be tough this
year--I'm already committed to Sturgis, and the close timing makes it
tricky, both work and $$-wise.

You've picked a rare bird, so your choices are going to be limited.
Luckily, the market is in the dumpster, so whatever is available
should be cheap!

Relative term, of course--but, I've seen asking prices dropping over the
year or so I've been looking, even on specific airplanes that aren't moving.
Speaking from a prospective buyer's position--I sure hope you're right!

3) Initiate financing--started today (HEL seems best, but any contrary
opinions here?)

Contact (I'm not kidding) First National Bank of Oskaloosa, in little
Oskaloosa, Iowa. This bank is run by pilots, and they specialize in
aircraft financing. Ask for Mary Anderson. Tell her I sent ya her
way. Contact info is he
https://www.fnbmidwest.com/
(Click on aircraft financing...)

Will do--thanks for the tip!

[other good stuff snipped]

Thanks, Jay. Lot's of good info, exactly what I need.

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight