Old November 6th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default Flying Club software?

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 02:51:01 +0000, Judah wrote:

What's flight logging?

[...]

Can this be used for logging Tach Time?

You've answered your own question: "flight logging" is a way to enter tach
(or hobbs, I suppose, if you use that) time for each flight. One
schedules a flight via SM, flies the flight (w/o SM {8^), and then enters
the starting and ending tach times into SM.

How do you turn it on? Is it part
of the Squawk module? I couldn't find anything at all about it.

With that, I cannot help you. This has been used since before I joined
the partnership. But I'm sure SM would be happy to answer your question
by phone or email. As I wrote, we've found them to be quite helpful.

Or are you just using one of the numeric user fields to record tach
time?

No. SM is very aware of the meaning of the entered times, using them to
determine when hour-scheduled MX is upcoming. Since I expend my effort on
the MX side of things, I'm very happy to have that.

Those on the finance side of things are happy to have the download of
flown hours into Quickbooks, but all I know about that is that it exists.

- Andrew
http://flyingclub.org/