Old March 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
Debug

"Jack Straight" wrote in message
s.com...
"Quilljar" wrote
Admittedly, you do need a 2.6 plus chip to get the most out of it
though.

Thanks.

Exactly. I have a P4 3.0ghz w/R9800pro and even FS2002 doesn't run
completely smooth maxed out in the graphics so I have no real desire to get
FS2004 just yet as I like good frame rates in my flight sims. I figure I'll
have to turn off the extra eye candy in FS2004 to be happy so may as well
stick with FS2002 for now. In the long run I will have a PC fast enough to
run 2004 smooth and I will get the game for less than the going rate of
$79.99 CAD.

I've seen screen shots comparing the two side by side over at www.simhq.com
in the MSFS forum but I doubt they are still there as that was when FS2004
first came out. The airports look more detailed and the weather effects are
nicer (I also hear ATC is improved)but I didn't notice any great difference
between the two going by the screen shots I saw. BTW, has MS improved the
flight models in FS2004? I have X-Plane 5.66 and Fly!/FlyII and both of
these flight sims have better (more believable) flight models than the MS
series. MS series kills them in the eye candy department though. But I want
to see MS improve the flight models, ground handling and damage effects more
than eye candy improvements.