Old June 9th 05, 06:28 AM
Eric Greenwell

Tim.Ward wrote:

Well, while the weight is low, the wing is small, so the wing loading
is probably similar to a 1-26.

It's actually much higher than a 1-26. The 1-26 is rated at 3.6
pounds/sq ft; the SparrowHawk is typically 5 to 6 pounds/sq ft. This
makes a big difference! This wing loading is about the same as Russia
AC-4, which is similar in performance.

As to resale price, that's a tougher one, because I have not seen one
offered on the used market. I find that interesting, because I seem to
remember that nearly as soon as the Russias and PW5s became available
new, they became available used.

Tim Ward

Eric Greenwell
Washington State