Old January 27th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:43:04 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

Handle what things? Guess I am dense but what business is it of the FAA if
I want to shut down and coast to the pumps? In fact I can remember doing
just that on a couple of occasions. Seems safer to me than rolling up with
the meat cleaver spinning. Sorry, but the story doesn't make sense. I'd
say Mr. Whitmore stuck his nose where it didn't belong.

Put it into the context of when and where it happened.

They shut off the engine on the runway, the prop stopped, and then
they rolled at least a another quarter of a mile after making a 45
degree turn off the runway, rolled down the taxiway, and the made
another quick turn and stop to get to the gas pumps.

Impressive, but not exactly the thing to do in front of "THE MAN".

Mike Weller