Old May 27th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Careless Linemen

On Sat, 27 May 2006 14:59:30 -0400, Morgans wrote:

You'll have to excuse Martin. He is used to the European idea of no tips
for service people.

you're wrong on this one. I am against tipping service people without good
reason.

Sure does make for lousy service at restaurants, from what I have noticed.

wrong. again.

It may not be right for the management to pay poor, but the tipping model
does make for much better service, believe it or not, Martin.

I love to tip (read: honor) for service better than expected; and I spread
the word about receiving good (better than usual) service. But I don't tip
just because I received what I paid for. For average service at
§pickyourchoice (restaurant, bar, lineguy, ...) I don't want to give
_extra_ money (read: honor his average service). And I don't want to
substitute his boss with poor wages (because the boss also expects tips to
be given).

Do you tip the blonde braindead waitress serving your plate with her finger
in your meal? just because you always tip at restaurants and because she
had a big dumb grin on her face hiding her unskilled serving 'technique'?

#m
--
Lost the phone number of a good friend? Don't know whom the kids called?
Don't worry any longer! Call 1-800-2NSA ... we are here to help you!