Old September 27th 19, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default gel coat

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 11:50:30 AM UTC-4, BobWa43 wrote:
Is gel coat crazing purely a cosmetic problem or does it pose a threat to the structural integrity of the underlying fiberglass?.

About 28 years ago I refinished a glider (an ASW-17) with Simtec Prestec - which was then a somewhat new product for glider refinishing ( it was originally sold as a coating for radomes). The glider is now in Canada. Can anybody tell me today how that product has held up over time (compared to the original Vorgetlat and Schwabelack)?

ROY