Old January 19th 06, 06:48 AM
Vic7 Vic7 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent p. norris
Tristan Beeline wrote:

Yes, throw away the old crap and buy a new one !

Yes, please do so. And please let me know where you've thrown it.

vince norris
Hurrah, hurrah and well put. Last week I purchased a cherry 1938 J3 Cub. If they made new crap as well as they made this old crap, I would buy it. Unfortunately the new crap is all bright, shiney gizmos that costs fourteen ****loads at every annual and also requires an annual subsciption to some electronic minder.

I brag to my non-flying friends about watching the auto traffic passing me in my "new" plane. I also own another old plane that can fly farther and faster than the Cub, but it has no engine at all and is also obsolete by current standards (compare 1978 Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus to 2006 ASG-29.)

Don't confuse transportation with recreation. If you want to get there fast and on time, buy an airline ticket. They desperately need the business. Or buy something shiney and new and then throw it on the "old crap" heap so that people like me can enjoy it at your expense.

Thanks,

V7
N751DC & NC21486