Old November 5th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

Love of technology is fine, but the default way of VFR navigation is
without instruments, just compass and a map. If you want to do it
"properly", do it that way. I googled up this tutorial, it's actually
aimed at flight simmers:

http://stoenworks.com/Tutorials/Navi...0tutorial.html

Looking through it, it seems to tell me mostly things that I already
know. It does define RNAV, though, which I had never gotten around to
looking up; it turns out that it simply describes something that I was
already doing more than a decade ago.