Old June 27th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

Now this IS rather revolutionary:

AVwebALERT AVweb Breaking News Alert -- June 27, 2008
FOR THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS, VISIT: http://www.avweb.com

The Big Reveal

CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

(http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._198192-1.html)

Well, we still don't know its real name and we're not sure if it
got out of the massive former Northwest Airlines A320 maintenance
hangar on its own power but it sure looks like Cirrus's new family
jet is ready to fly. ...EAA AirVenture are hoping for as the jet
is obviously nearing first flight. The aircraft was formally
introduced exactly a year ago at last year's Cirrus Migration and
more than 400 refundable deposits of $100,000 have been received.

CLICK FOR LARGE IMAGES

(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_07.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_03.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_05.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_02.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_06.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_04.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_01.jpg)

http://www.the-jet.com/infobase.html
NEARLY READY TO TAXI

June 2008. During the past few months the Advanced Development
Group has achieved several significant milestones related to the
goal of First Flight of the-jet. While these pictures do not
adequately capture the total determination, focus and energy that
is happening on this project right now, they do give you a sense
of just how far we have come lately and how close we are to
realizing First Flight.

Construction of the test aircraft you see here, called "V1", is
complete. Earlier this week, the ADG build team and engineers
ceremoniously handed the keys over to the ADG flight test crew.
The flight test team will now complete a very methodical process
to ensure V1 is ready to fly safely and within very specific
flight parameters set for the initial flight. Even at this
critical stage the team is approaching its work and the impending
flight schedule with the same careful diligence and thoughtful
planning as they have from the onset of the program.

Our next update will be shortly after the inaugural flight of
the-jet.
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet1.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet2.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet3.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet4.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet5.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet6.jpg

http://www.the-jet.com/pdf/specifications.pdf
PERSONAL JET
OWNER FLOWN
EASY TO FLY
SINGLE-ENGINE WILLIAMS INTERNATIONAL FJ33-4A-19 FANJET
COCKPIT TECHNOLOGY OPTIMIZED FOR SINGLE-PILOT OPERATION
CAPS™ PARACHUTE STANDARD EQUIPMENT
EASY ENTRY FOR BOARDING AND LOADING
FLEXIBLE SEATING CONFIGURATIONS: 5+2 SEATING
(5 FULL SIZE ADULTS RECLINING + 2 STOW-AWAY SEATS)
PRESSURIZED CABIN FOR COMFORT
LARGE WINDOWS
KNOWN ICING CERTIFIED
IMPRESSIVE CLIMB RATE
PAYLOAD AND FUEL TO MEET MAJORITY OF MISSION PROFILES AND
PROVIDE MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY
HI-SPEED CRUISE GOAL - ABOUT 300 KTS
RANGE GOAL - NBAA IFR ABOUT 1000 NM (MEDIUM LOADING)
MAX OPERATING ALTITUDE - 25,000 FT
LOW APPROACH SPEEDS - SIMILAR TO THE SR22
FITS IN MOST STANDARD 40’ WIDE GA HANGARS AND MANY T-HANGARS
LOW OPERATING COST
OPTIMAL ENGINE PLACEMENT FOR PERFORMANCE, NOISE REDUCTION, FOD,
ACCESSIBILITY, INTERIOR SPACE, AND PASSENGER COMFORT
EASY TRANSITION FROM SR22 AND SR22 TURBO
3 PANTONE COLORS : 429 • 7406 • BLACK
PLANE GENIUSTM
the-jet.com 866.880.6152

Video (animated): http://www.the-jet.com/wmv/the-jet-high.wmv