Old November 9th 05, 02:52 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Default IFR with a VFR GPS

I used to put VFR GPS in remarks and would get direct from some, others, no
way.

From Atlanta center or nearby approach controllers: 'Can you negotiate
direct XYZ? " Yes
"Then N6852F, cleared direct XYZ."

When I requested direct from Indy, they said no can do, you're not /Garmin.

Guess it matters who you ask.

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
Tell them. Just as is the case with icing certification, the controllers
are not into law enforcement. Tell them you have a GPS and you will get
all of the benefits.

Bob Gardner

So...do I tell a briefer to note that I have a VFR GPS and will the
controllers take note, sending me direct, off airways? Will it make any
difference to them at all? Given the fact that nearly everyone has one
nowadays, will they assume I have a GPS even if I don't indicate it?
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com