Old December 27th 04, 06:51 PM
Denny

Yeah (partial answer because I can't remember the guys name, duh), I
sent my prescription to a fella out west who made my shooting
glasses... I will try and do a quick google on IDPA and other shooting
topics to see if I can find him again (haven't needed him since the
original set 10+ years ago)... He made me two pair of glasses, one for
shooting IDPA (hand gun at arms length) and one for flying... The
handgun set is a sweety because it is bifocal with the lens for seeing
the gunsight at arms length on the top so I don't have to tip my head
back, and the far vision on the lower so all I have to do is look
straight ahead to acquire the target initially then tip my head forward
slightly to sharpen up the sights...

Anyway, the chain store outfits, DOC, etc., should be able to grind you
a new pair from the existing prescription... If they give you guff
about 'the law' requiring a fresh Rx, etc., challenge them to show you
the law - and remind them that your money will deposit in the bank just
the same... If you have problems email me ...
Also, go Borders and leaf through the handgun magazines while you have
a cuppa joe, and there should be ads for shooting glasses...

Denny