Old July 16th 03, 03:09 PM
Mike Rapoport

I don't know if "behind" is the right word. Garmin has had WAAS on numerous
products for a couple of years now. There are valid reasons to try to have
the best product on the market instead of the first product.

Mike
MU-2

"Richard Kaplan" wrote in message
Garmin's website now says they are "committed" to providing WAAS GPS
approach capability for the 400/500 series by the "end of 2004."

UPSAT's site states that their CNX-80 is WAAS approved now but I cannot

find
an explicit statement that it supports WAAS approaches at this point.

Does anyone know for sure if the CNX-80 supports WAAS GPS approaches

*now*?

In any event, can Garmin really be that far behind the curve as to plan

WAAS
only fo rthe "end of 2004"? This seems very much atypical for Garmin and
almost an embarrassment for them.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com