Old March 23rd 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZL

Default 2K7 OLC Tutorial for the masses?

wrote:
I tried to make my first OLC claim on Sunday and Monday for my 3/17/07
flight and I must say it's been a hassle. My claim was declared
"validation not successful". I used a GPS-NAV 20. On Sunday, I
converted the .cai file to .igc using AeroExplorer. I then prepared
the claim in SeeYou. I went to the OLC site and tried to upload by
"Prepared Claim". File was not uploaded. I then tried to upload the
claim through SeeYou. No upload. On Monday, I tried the OLC site
"Direct Claim" method and the .igc file uploaded ok but it was
invalid. I then converted the .cai file to .igc using the Cambridge
DOS program. Deleted the previously uploaded file and uploaded the
new .igc file again using "Direct Claim". Still invalid. The .cai file
passed vali-cam.exe with no problem. I emailed support by replying to
the email I received from the OLC Result Notifier but have not yet
heard anything.
Steve

The OLC requires some special handling for logs from legacy Cambridge
flight recorders (Model 10, 20, and 25). SeeYou (v3.6 or higher) does
that quite easily if you open the *.cai file directly. It will generate
the *.igc file with the *.cai file encoded and appended onto the end.
The prepared claim should definitely work, not sure if the bugs are out
of the direct claim from SeeYou method yet. But you must open the *.cai
file with SeeYou, not an *.igc file generated by AeroExplorer or the
Cambridge DOS program. The details for doing this manually without
SeeYou are found in item 10 on the Help page (Help button is at bottom
right of OLC page).

This is the same process for OLC 2.0 as last year.