Old December 28th 03, 12:44 AM
weary

"Matt Wiser" wrote in message
news:3fe70e02$1@bg2....

"weary" wrote:

"Alan Minyard" wrote
in message
.. .
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:08:15 GMT, "weary"

From: "weary"

Do you think Saddam Hussein had the same

right to use WMD to save the
lives of Iraqi servicemen while fighting

Iran and internal rebellion?
Did Al-Qaeda have the same right to deliberately

target civilians in
their
war with the USA, specifically WTC?

If Saddam hadn't invaded Iran there would

not have been a need to
defend
"Iraqi
servicemen."

Complaints about his use of WMD relate to

uses considerably pre-dating
his invasion of Kuwait.

As for the attacks on the WTC there was

no military value there. An
argument
could be made for the strike on the Pentagon

being a military attack.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima each had valid military

targets within the
cities.

The odds are that there were Reservists in

the WTC at the time of the
attack.
The poster I was replying to advocated using

"ANY MEANS" to end the war.
He also wrote "If that means incinerating

two, three, or however many
Japanese Cities
by the bombs carried by the 509th's B-29s,

so be it." He made no mention
of
destroying military assets. His choice of

words clearly states that the
destruction of
cities was what would produce a Japanese

surrender, not destruction of
military
assets.

Destruction of Japan, by whatever means possible,

was warranted.

That's what AQ thinks of the USA

The
barbarity of their military was an abomination,

and it was continuing
daily

That's what AQ thinks of the USA.

in China, Korea, etc. If incinerating every

building in Japan would
have ended the war, it would have been completely

justified.

The only thing that the US did that was "wrong"

was not hanging the
******* Hirohito from the nearest tree.

Al Minyard

So why do you apologize for them? Dropping the bombs and 9-11 were two
different events under vastly different circumstances.

That your opinion, and point out where I apologised for them.
My opinion - supported by facts - is that there are similarities,
deliberately targetting civilians, especially with regard to Hiroshima.

In case you forgot:
Pearl Harbor's treachery was rewarded at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

If you think an attack without a declaration of war is "treachery", do
your sums and see how many times the US has declared war in the
conflicts it has been involved in since WW2.

9-11's treachery
has been partially rewarded with the Taliban who sheltered AQ and OBL

reduced
to a low-level insurgency.

AQ believe that US treachery in supporting Israel inits oppression
of the Palestinians was rewarded by Sept 11. It is apparently news
to you but others can hate as strongly as you, and be as ruthless as
your government in targetting civilians.

rant snipped