Old February 21st 04, 12:41 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Powell on the National Guard
From: "Kevin Brooks"
Date: 2/20/04 3:34 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
"I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed

managed to
wangle slots in the Army Reserve and National Guard units." -- Colin

Powell, My
American Journey, 1995

Colin Powell quoted regarding the Guard after ODS:

"Then Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Colin Powell stated
shortly after the war that it "...could have not been fought without the
Guard".

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/250thmi/A...ory_usarng.htm

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Of course not. It was being fought on the cheap and there weren't enough
regular troops to do the job and so the guard had to be called in .It is still
being fought on the cheap and we still don't have Iraq under control.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer