Old June 19th 05, 04:42 PM
Brett Sumpter

Unless you are working ag pilot, where you fly under wires pretty
regularly & work off tiny elevated pads every single day. The only
unusual thing was the (very minor) blade strike, and I'll bet he
doesn't do *that* every day!

Now, bird strikes are a totally different ballgame - can't begin to
tell you how many I hit while doing ag work...and yes, I flew off tiny
pads & under wires too.

On 15 Jun 2005 07:02:03 -0700, wrote:

No experienced rotorcraft pilot would even consider flying UNDER wires,
landing on an obviously too small pad and mention that they had a blade
strike non-chalantly, as if it was a smudge on the windshield.
I am a licensed private pilot flying in southern Virginia. Really.
This moron is just that: a moron who is dreaming about flying and
laughing as you guys lap up his BS.