Old April 30th 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al Eddie

Default Glider definition (span^2/weight)

Isn't a glider simply defined as an aircraft with no
motive power..?

Any aircraft can become a 'glider', whereas a sailplane
is a glider built specifically for soaring.

What a motorglider is, I have no idea...

;o)

At 03:24 29 April 2007, Bob C wrote:
A while back I read an FAA definition of a glider (as
opposed to an airplane). I think it was an FAA document
that referenced JAR 22. One of the criteria was a
span squared over weight number (S^2/W). I can't find
this document. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Bob C.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.