Old May 13th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin& Donna Sanders, M.D.

Default Don't fly weather briefing

Yes they did that Thursday and all we had was a little stuff along the coast
of NC. He advised against VFR flight several times

Kevin

"Danny Deger" wrote in message
Has anyone else noticed a tendency for FSS briefers to give you a "stay on
the ground" weather briefing for isolated thunderstorms? 90% of the time
on a summer day in Texas there are some storms. Usually easy to see and
avoid. But I have in the past had a controller that obviously didn't want
me to fly. The worst case was a VFR flight between Houston and Austin
with a single cell between the two cities. All the controller would tell
me about was how bad the weather in the cell was. He refused to provide
me with any weather information outside of the cell. I ended by hanging
up and calling back. The next briefer told me about the very good weather
outside of the single cell and I had a good flight. This is only the
worst of my experiences with briefers and thunderstorms.

Anyone else had a similar issue with a briefer not doing his job because
he/she thought you shouldn't fly that day.

Danny Deger