Old September 10th 19, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Kawa rough landing?

Tango Eight wrote on 9/10/2019 12:12 PM:
The point being made (in answer to Peter's query) is: the extent technology for FES is nowhere near the pretty picture some people got in their head when first discussed, that's all.

We know about FES failures that lead to accidents, but we don't know about all the
times the motors start without problems. It's plausible that it's starting
reliability can exceed (perhaps by a lot) ICE starting reliability.