Old December 18th 18, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 10:35:17 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I have flown the JS-3 against a Ventus 3 recently. It usually takes 3-4 thermals to leave the Ventus behind (gaining 3-400 ft per thermal). But please be aware that this in good conditions. In poorer conditions the low wing-loading of the V3 will probably be less of a handicap.

"I have flown the JS-3 against a Ventus 3 recently. It usually takes 3-4 thermals to leave the Ventus behind (gaining 3-400 ft per thermal)." That might be the case when conditions warrant 12 plus pounds wingloading. However, even the I believe, September Jonkers newsletter, told of a week day at the world championships when they went from four JS3's in the top 5 slots to one JS3 in the 5 top slots.