Old December 19th 18, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard DalCanto

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

With FES, and my weight with chute (190lbs), the empty wing loading on the JS3 will be 8.47. The V3 would be 8.23 (the V3 is a little heavier than the JS3 which erases some of its wing loading advantage based purely on wing area). I don't think that is significant.
The performance difference is probably minor enough to not matter for me (the most I plan on doing are local competitions). The JS3 would arrive 1-2 years earlier, and has a larger cockpit. I sat in a Ventus 2A and I don't fit at all (my shoulders were getting painfully squeezed, my head was hitting the top of the canopy, and my knees were against the bottom of the instrument panel because there isn't enough leg room). I have to see if I fit in the slightly larger V3 Sport cockpit. If I don't, then I will stick with the JS3.