Old December 19th 18, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 8:41:28 PM UTC-6, Richard DalCanto wrote:
Dave,
I was going based on what the SH sales agent has told me (that the Sport cockpit is similar to 2A). Unfortunately, as of now, they are not planning on offering FES with Performance cockpit. That is why I have decided I REALLY need to sit in a V3. I'm trying to find one in the Western half of the US so I can fly out for a day and sit in it for 10 minutes. If anyone has one, please let me know....

I did try on the V3 Sport FES of Jim Frantz and at 6'2" I could not get the rudder pedals far enough forward to have my legs extended. It was most uncomfortable sitting in it for 5 minutes so that rules out a 5 hour flight for sure! Seems to FES motor takes up space in the nose that restricts the forward travel of the rudder pedals. Have not tried on a V3 Sport non FES.

Next to try is a JS3. Hopefully designed for tall pilots.

Tony
LS8
Fits very well