Old February 23rd 05, 11:37 PM
Dan Engleman

What Jay said.

Dan, M.A.

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
news:Yh6Td.81076$Yu.11740@fed1read01...
"Colin W Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...

So, why are most of the so called MANAGERS?? in the Southern Region FAA
making MORE money with Non-Technical degrees than the people under them
with TECHNICAL degrees or training???

Are you Curious???

No. Nearly every technology company I've worked in has non-technical
people
managing engineers.

FWIW,

Several years ago, GM replaced the usual business-degree type with an
honest to God slide-rule/pocket protector engineer as CEO and damn near
destroyed the company.

Just because you have the ability to work (and perhaps even flurish...)
within a given system, does not automatically qualify you to oversee said
system.

Just my $0.02 worth from the cheap seats.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ