Old April 16th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Radio buzz

On Apr 15, 10:44 pm, "mikem" wrote:
On Apr 15, 10:42 pm, "mikem" wrote:

On Apr 15, 8:11 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

...Recently it
will occassionally have a buzz in it that is so loud you cannot hear
the transmission. It will buzz on all freq, then later in the flight
it will go away.

What kind of buzz? When it buzzes, is the loudness of the buzz
effected by the vol control? by the squelch control? is the buzz there
even with the power switch off?

One more question. When it buzzes, can you still tell that there would
be a signal received if it where not for the buzz?

I can hear the transmission in addition to the buzz. The buzz is
affected by the volume control. I don't have a squelch control for the
radio that I know of. However, pressing "test" (removing squelch)
doesn't affect the problem.

-Robert