Old July 6th 04, 01:27 PM
Bryan

Although George Thelen doesn't name the sailplane that is the subject of his
July 2004 Safety Corner column in Soaring magazine, he seems to be talking
about the ASW 20A. Perhaps someone familiar with that particular accident
could elaborate.

Bryan

"Ventus B" wrote in message
om...
I have been considering buying an ASW20, ASW20B, or ASW20C. I knew
they were champions in their day and still have a lot of admirers.
However a few folks from my club say they have some nasty spin
characteristics. Specifically, that they have a tendancy to not only
immediately spin when stalled, but will go inverted as they spin. Can
anyone eloborate or corroborate? I normally only hear good things
about the 20.
Respectfully,