Old July 27th 03, 04:41 AM
Peter R.

Richard Kaplan wrote:

snip
These are basically initial impressions...I will play with the system
a bit more over the coming weeks.

Thank you very much, Richard, for continually taking the time to post
about uplinked weather options. As a recently instrument rated pilot
(March '03), I have been pulling my hair out over the last several weeks
trying to decide which uplink weather solution is right for me.

I have a Bendix/King MFD, but the only weather solution now or in the
near future that displays on this MFD is, naturally, Bendix/King's
product. Two major disadvantages with their product is cost and the
fact that it is a ground-based solution.

IMO, a satellite based weather product, such as WSI or XMRadio, seems to
be the superior choice except for the display option, which is either a
laptop or PDA that adds loose wires and equipment to a cramped cockpit.

At some point I am going to need to jump off the fence and make a hard
choice. Your reviews go a long way to educate me on some of the
alternate choices.

--
Peter