Old October 16th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

Default Jay, watch those Pathfinder keys!

On Oct 15, 11:10 am, wrote:
On Oct 15, 7:40 am, Jay Honeck wrote:

I still have a hard time shaking the notion that he's not just a
little boy in a man's body, at age 17.

He sort of is, if he's like most teenagers. I remeber a friend
relating a story of taking a babysitter home and they were chatting
and she suddenly went from adult sounding conversation to something
quie childish. His comment "She's a half done adult..." I've always
thought that summed it up.

I can only imagine the flying-judgement anxiety. I have two driving
and one who'll get his permit this December. I have serious
reservations about judgement, but so far (2 - 1 1/2 years) no bent
metal.

At the same time, you'd just about pop shirt buttons with some of the
things they do, right?

John
Father of 4, 3 teens.
PP-ASEL

I think they have the judgement, its just that they are easily
overcome by peer pressure. They are constantly trying to outdo each
other, and this is where things can go bad. Fortunately a teen teen
pilot is a rarity that there will be less pressure to push the limits.
That's not the case with driving.