Old October 31st 18, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Boise Pilot

Default L-13 Blanik Tow OUt Gear

My 12 year old is now 38 and not interested...and not many 12 year olds hanging out at the airport. Understand the comment about towing it backwards, will have to have the tail wheel off the ground on some type of tow bar. Blanik America sent me a couple of photos of two variations for L-23's that were manufactured by the then Blanik factory 12 years ago. Not usable as designed, for a l-13 but a start. Just hoped some owner of the 125 Blanik l-13's in the US before the grounding AD had addressed this issue.
Boise Pilot

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 1:31:24 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 9:56:59 AM UTC-7, Boise Pilot wrote:
Looking for examples of L-13 tow out gear. Has anyone designed and or constructed equipment to facilitate towing a L-13, 13ac, or 23 behind a vehicle? Now that I have mine flying again I am looking for a way to move it around the airport by myself.
Boise Pilot

That is what a 12 year old is for.

A wing runner wheel made by making a fiberglass splash off the tip is simple.
If the rebuild left the wench bridle attachments in place, towing it forward is the best. The L13 tail structure is to fragile to work for a backward tow.
02Soar