Old July 22nd 03, 03:45 AM
Wright1902Glider

Unfortunately, Charlie's reported fondness for doing the kind of things
machinists like to do (drinkin' smokin', 'n swearin') didn't sit too well with
Katharine... or so I've read. The friction may have been the original source
of the lack or recognition.

Now here's a better subject: Where in HELL do you suppose the Wrights came
across platinum wire and irridium spark points? Most of the materials used in
the airframe were fairly easy to source in 1900 - 1903, but these must have
been pretty tough. Also, how do you suppose Charlie got the crankshaft to
ballance so well considering the methods he used to fabricate it?

My respect for these men continues to grow. They were infinately more skilled
than I am.

Harry

Wright 1902 glider #8