Old November 16th 03, 03:27 AM
John Hall

The latest drivers, the 3.9's, fixed all of the issues in FS9. It looks and
runs great on my 9800 pro.

JK

"Dashi" wrote in message
There are also a lot of complaints about the lack of decent drivers for

the
ATI 9800 series of video cards. It appears that they don't work very well
with FS9.

Be happy that you didn't buy one.

The latest mid range Nvidia card is the FX5700 and has received excellent
reviews, just in time for Xmas!

Dashi

"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in message
Question is, George, will it fly for that ATI 9800 Pro? Although, just
for those reading, there are some good deals floating around on a more
reasonable alternative and I got the Nvidia GeForce FX5600 AGP 8X
w/256megs of on-board DDR video and thus far it's worked well. Caveat:
The 'secret' to that Nvidia card, and I'll put this out to, is the
Nvidia DRIVER! Free at the Nvidia website but the latest drivers will
prevent that color 'smearing' effect in the gauges of the sims that the
earlier drivers caused. Not a bad card at least in terms of the
discounted price. Sure, I'd like that ATI Radeon 9800 Pro but the tag
for same [$375-$400 is the lowest I've seen] is right up there! But
then, like everything else, I just jumped from PC2100 DDR to PC3200 DDR
memory and the prices are excellent! Brand stuff to boot and 2.5 CAS!!