Old December 14th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

Juan, the NAA is an U.S. organization. I am only familiar with FAI glider
categories. The FAI does record glider close course speed records. (300 km,
500 km and 1000 km triangles as well as similar out and return records. In
years past there was also a 100 km category) I am sure the FAI maintains
similar close course speed records for airplanes/seaplanes.

I tried to find aviation records on the Geinness site
(http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/default.aspx); however was
unsuccessful.

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
The NAA has some aviation-related records that FAI doesn't keep track of.
Guinness World Records has others as well. That's easy to verify.

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
OK Juan, who then IS the official organization the maintains aviation
world records if it isn't the Federation Aeronautique Internationale?

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
All official aviation related world records are maintained by the FAI.
You can view records at http://www.fai.org/records

This statement is false.

FAI only records aviation records for which it has chosen to establish
categories. It does not maintain "all official aviation related world
records."