Old April 17th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

On Apr 17, 9:53*pm, tman inv@lid wrote:
Flown C172's for quite a while, and never had anybody in the back.
Now I'm planning on quite a trip, with 2 pax and luggage.

When I fill the fuel to the *tabs*, calc everyone's weight honestly and
consider baggage -- I'm 75 lbs over the 2450 gross on departure. *Maybe
100 over gross if I assume a "lie about weight" factor or some
inaccuracy with filling the tanks. *Now I'm scratching my head about
just how risky this is. *I know (others) have pushed over gross in these
planes way more under worse conditions, and have almost always gotten
away with it. *I'm inclined to just do it, and be cognizant that it will
perform differently, i.e. don't expect the same picture on climbout that
you would when solo.

Hang on a moment 2 pax and baggage and you are over a 2450 172 MTOW?
I've done a few miles with 2 PAX and never had a weight problem.

How much baggage are they bringing?
How much do they weigh?

Cheers