Old September 2nd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

Default Amphibious Planes

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:31:43 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:

On Sep 1, 2:36*pm, Gezellig wrote:
Who determines where you can or cannot land one?

Not only do you need to check for permission, more and more lakes are
begining to require inspections before putting anything in the water
(boats, jet skis, planes, etc). People are really afraid of this
mussle problem going around and are very, very afraid of boats, etc
spreading mussles from one lake to another. I no longer do much sea
plane flying but I'm assuming the lack of "clean" mogas is a hug
problem for them. We used to be able to taxi up to the dock and buy
gas. Today a lot of the auto gas contains illegal ethanol.

-Robert

The gas thing is a for sure, I wasn't aware of the mussels issue (FL not
sure we have one). Is it some kind of disease Xport?