Old April 11th 17, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Flarm Config File Parser/Interpreter?

Thanks Jim. I've got the specs and can read them. Just annoyingly time-consuming in this day and age. What I was looking for was a simple utility that reads "FLARMCFG.TXT" and spits out a readable file of the control parameters and their values interpreted for human consumption.

So, something like:

$PFLAC,S,PRIV,0 would translate to Stealth Mode = Off whereas
$PFLAC,S,PRIV,1 would translate to Stealth Mode = On

And so on down the $PFLAC line.

Reading my file today, I discovered that my Flarm ID was set to high values (FFFFFF). Not sure if I mis-typed or left it blank earlier, but wondering if this had anything to do with my perceived poor range recently. Anyway, I've now got the factory default reset Config plus my customized Config.. Of course, this means I need my laptop so I can swap them out of the root directory as I go through the whole reset procedure.

Used to be that early Spring flights entailed bringing the toolbox, grease and oil, inspection mirrors, and air pig to the field. Now it's thumb drives, USB cables, SD Cards, and one or more computing devices.

P3