Old June 13th 04, 02:41 AM
Bob Urz

Steve Hix wrote:

In article ,
(B2431) wrote:

From:
(Prowlus)
Date: 6/12/2004 8:10 AM Central Daylight Time
looks like the USAF is considering jamming a reactor into one of their UAVS

http://popularmechanics.com/science/...gs/index.phtml

Think they'll resurect the "glow-in-the-dark" brigade too?

It's Popular Mechanics, I wouldn't count on the story being anything more than
an over active imagination. I put it in the same category as the laser tank
they had a "photograph" of in 1970 or 1972.

PS isn't *always* wrong; this might actually turn out to be something
useful.

http://www.utdallas.edu/research/quantum/Tutorial.htm

Hell, they had a write-up on the SLAM 30 years ago or so.
And some of that even got to prototype stage. The reactor is
probably buried in the desert somewhere. Great UAV. It did not
need bombs. It was the ultimate dirty moving bomb.

Bob