Old June 13th 04, 06:32 AM
Kristan Roberge

John Keeney wrote:

"B2431" wrote in message
From: (Prowlus)
Date: 6/12/2004 8:10 AM Central Daylight Time
looks like the USAF is considering jamming a reactor into one of their

UAVS

http://popularmechanics.com/science/...ngs/index.phtm

Think they'll resurect the "glow-in-the-dark" brigade too?

It's Popular Mechanics, I wouldn't count on the story being anything more

than
an over active imagination. I put it in the same category as the laser

tank
they had a "photograph" of in 1970 or 1972.

Don't be too hard on'em for that, the military was doing a lot of laser
work back then. Some time in the '70s the Army shot down drones
down at the Red Stone Arsenal with a laser in a PC (the power supply
was in another). There's also the matter of the NKC-135 that shot down
Side Winders with a laser.

Mobile Test Rig, used that big humper of a marine amphibious APC as the chassis
to lug around the generator to power the damn laser in the turret.