Old January 3rd 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
george

Default Person claiming to be a US Navy aviator Vietnam vet

In a group I frequent we are plagued with some-one who has begun
claiming that he is a 'naval aviator'.
Excerpts from his posts as to his knowledge of the Principles of Flight
and his (Claim1) of military service.
In (Claim2) he backs away from an original 'pilot' claim
and (Claim3) demonstrates that he is woefully ignorant of anything
beyond google searches of kook sites

The claims without spelling or grammatical corrections
.................................................. .................................................. .

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
Al... has no one informed you that you can't fly a jumbo jet at max
speed
anywhere near the ground? There's a rather large lift vacuum
underneath
that would pull it immediately into the ground.

Claim 1

It's not difficult at all to understand... but having been a Marine
Aviator
during Viet Nam and a pilot in more recent times, I have somehwat of
a grip on the way an aircraft functions and a definite knowledge of the
numbers and types of parts that sinplt do NOT disintegrate.

Claim2

One didn't have to be a military 'pilot' to fly the back seat of an
OV-10a Bronco
on flare missions to be considered an 'aviator'. Never jump to
conclusions...
but since you looked, maybe you could also look up ownership of N-5848A

and it's pilot's logs.

Note: we did and he isn't the registered owner. No big shock there

Claim3

the mere act of takeoff and achieving cruise altitude requires roughly
20%
of whatever fuel load was placed on the aircraft,

http://www.m-a-m-s.com/personal.htm
web site where he has a photo of himself in a uniform with rifle.
Is this uniform consistent with his claims ?

Thanks for any help in this matter