Old September 17th 19, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default New app to analyze your flights !!

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 3:57:18 AM UTC-5, Mar M wrote:
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that we developed an android app able to analyze your igc files, called xc analytics: https://xcanalytics.fr/en/
In a few words, it's statistics applied to cross country flying.

It gives you access to more than 60 statistics and 40 charts relative to your flights, an original identification of 4 different phases (prospecting, climbing, floating and gliding), and the possibility to compare your flights with others.

It is brand new, and there are many updates to come, some of them based on the feedback the pilots give us.
Let me know what you think !

Cheers,

Martin

My first impressions: nice interface, lots of data and great statistics (including weather statistics, like wind direction etc.! - and mean distance between lifts!), funny comments. I like it gives both UTC and local launch/landing times. Nice, very clean map with strong road lines and water bodies. A little glitch noticed: in the Information section the app consistently describes the flights type as 'mountain" while they were actually flown over flat lands. I also get the 'mean glide ratio' as '18:54' - I believe we are rather used to the form 'one to something' All in all: IMHO, the best app for smartphones so far and worth spending the symbolic few $$.