Old April 5th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Beckman

Default Almost got My Ticket Yesterday

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:23:16 +0000, Allen wrote:

A side slip is used to compensate for crosswind drift, the
aircraft longitudinal axis is parallel to the runway centerline.

And, though I've heard about the "crab and kick" method, I'm a little
surprised that it works. As soon as one "kicks", one is drifting. Isn't
the side-loading at touch-down a problem? Or is that too small to matter?

- Andrew

As you "kick," you lower the upwind wing and keep runway alignment with
rudder. No drift.

Jay B