Old November 3rd 04, 05:56 PM
Rich

Tlewis95 wrote:
Hello

Does anyone have any tips for a new Instrument Pilot (me)

I did my first flight today (C77-UGN-C77) And about 45 minutes of it was in
IMC. It was kinda cool. My first appoach was missed due to a late (6mi) turn by
ATC but the next 2 were probably 6-8 out of 10. It was the ILS 23 ant Waukegan
in Illinois in a ERAU Cessna 172S. Any tips would be appresiated.

Thanks!

Trace Lewis
www.cafepress.com/iwanttofly

Yes!
Form a couple of alliances with fellow pilots willing to be safety
pilots and FLY IMC regularly! If you can't get actual, use the hood.
Plan to practice at least once a week. You will probably find that the
best you will do is once or twice a month.

I've found, in the 35 years I've had my rating, it takes EVERY BIT of
trying to stay current to do it.

I hear more stories of rated pilots who just sort of let it go, and
drift out of currency, and fret about getting it back, and worry about
an IPC and don't use their rating. USE IT! USE IT REGULARLY, and you
will be confident, will continue to learn about weather and ATC, and
WILL HAVE FUN flying IFR and IMC.

Rich