Old December 23rd 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default Historical FARs

Does anyone know of a source for historical FARs that include part 61?
I think it was Jim Macklin that posted this link, but I have thus far
been unable to find part 61 in the historical list.

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...a_regulations/

I did learn that the change in logging of solo time as PIC occurred in
1997 which explains why I didn't log my time thusly in 1978. However, I
also logged cross country time back then for flights less than 50 NM
and my recollection is that the requirement then was 25 NM, but I can't
find a reference yet to confirm this.

Matt