Old September 7th 04, 10:01 PM
John Doe

Nah, I've seen their full show in April....which was well after the T-bird
crash.

It is probably more to do with pilot proficiency.

"ramrod48" wrote in message
om...
The Blue Angels are in St. Louis this weekend. Having seen several
shows in past years, I'm surprised that they've flown only the "low
show" here this year. Initially, I thought that perhaps the ceilings
were marginal, but yesterday's weather was perfect. The only reasons
I can think of: (a) since the Thunderbird crash last year, DoD has
tightened the rules (b) since they had to replace a pilot earlier this
year after winter practice, they decided to shelve the more risky
"high show" until next year.

Any other facts or opinions?