Old September 17th 03, 03:36 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Ed Rasimus writes:
funkraum wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote:

[...]
Similarly there were a lot of guys in both cockpits who hadn't figured
out that when we cruised down the Med, back and forth between Incirlik
and Torrejon, that painting the area ahead in 200 mile scope could let
you find your way quite nicely from coast out to Sardinia, to Sicily,
to Crete, to Cyprus--all distinct island outlines.

Yeah, the good ol' days. I sure miss it!!!

Great ! This must be volume three, subsequent to the 'Polyester Party
Suits' volume. I particularly look forward to the sections on the
culinary topography of the Med, plus the accompanying appendices "A
Fighter Pilot's Guide to Fine Chow" and "Radar Signatures of Michelin
Three-Star Restaurants".

That's why I stay in RAM. I wondered what the next project would be.
And, here it is...a combination of my favorite topics, flying
fighters, traveling, and eating good food. Gotta say, that I never
abused the public trust by taking an AF jet to a Michelin ***
restaurant. The valet parking guy could never figure out what to do
with it.

As I Rember It, that dodn't stop a pair of USAREUR Cobra Crews from
stopping at a German McDonald's while returning from a border patrol
flight, back in the mid '80s.

(I think they'd have been OK if they hadn't tried using the Drive
Through Window)

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster