Old December 7th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Occasional Instruction in own airplane

On Dec 5, 4:39*pm, wrote:
Hello,

I'm a CFI, and am considering buying a Cherokee, mostly for personal
use. I would like to be able to offer occasional flight instruction in
that plane (less than 50 hours per year). This would consist mostly of
BFRs and intro flights. I recall seeing that insurance for such
occasional instruction was offered somewhere, but I can't seem to find
it. I don't want to pay an extra $2000 * for such coverage tho. Is
anyone else doing this, and if so where did you obtain the appropriate
insurance coverage?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,
Check the regs... Flying for hire is what your CFI covers... Offering
YOUR aircraft out to the public is a different ballgame - airtaxi...
Remember Bob Hoover and CYA...

cheers ... denny